8 nights/9 days Tibet tour
Lhasa-Gyantse-Shigatse-the Everest Base Camp-Zhangmu
Day 1 Arrival in Lhasa (no meal)
Upon arrival at the Gonggar airport or train station, our guide will meet you and transfer to your hotel in Lhasa. Free time to acclimatize for the rest of the day.
Day 2 Lhasa (B, L)
Full day city tour of The Potala Palace, The Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street.
- The Potala Palace: a monumental building of Lhasa served as administrative center, seat of government, monastery, fortress and the home of all the Dalai Lamas from the Fifth to the Fourteenth in the past, a UNESCO world cultural heritage site of 1994.
- The Jokhang Temple: 1300 years old with a golden roof and one of Tibet's holiest shrines.
- Barkhor Street: The Barkhor is essentially a pilgrim circuit, which is followed clockwise round the periphery of the Jokhang. Shaped roughly like an octagon, it is also a hive of market activity.
Day 3 Lhasa (B, L)
Full day city tour of Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Norbulingka, and visit The Carpet Factory.
- Sera Monastery: it was first built in 1419, and the debating among monks is a very interesting scene of this monastery.
- Trupeng Monastery: first built in 1416, it was once the biggest monasteries in Tibet.
- Norbulingka: it used to be the Summer Palace of the Dalai Lama.
Day 4 Lhasa/Gyantze (B, L, D)
Drive from Lhasa to Shigatse (about 350km). On the way visit Yamdrok Lake, and Palkhor Monastery. Overnight in Gyantse.
- Yamdrok Lake: one of the three Holy Lakes in Tibet, also a pilgrimage site for Tibetans.
- Palkhor Monastery: a unique monastery housing three schools of Tibetan Buddhism: Sakya, Gelugpa and Gedang. It also features a well-known "Kumbum Stupa", meaning a hundred thousand images.
Day 5 Gyantse/Shigatse (B, L, D)
Drive to Shigatse, and visit Tashilumpo Monastery.
- Tashilhunpo Monastery: one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa (or Yellow Hat Sect) in Tibet. It is the seat of the Panchen Lama since the Fourth Panchen Lama took charge in the monastery.
Day 6 Shigatse/Lhaste-Shegar (B, L, D)
Drive to Shegar and check in the hotel. Visit the Sakya Monastery and Lhatse town.
- Sakya Monstery: the seat of Sakya school of Tibet Buddhism.
Day 7 Shegar/Rongbuk Monastery/the Everst Camp (B, L, D)
Drive to the Everest Base Camp and visit Rongbuk Monastery, overnight at Rongbuk Guesthouse.
Day 8 Rongbuk/Old Dingri/Zhangmu (B, L, D)
After witnessing the sunrise at Rongbuk Monastery, drive to Zhangmu via Old Tingri. After passing through the +5000-meter-high Lalungla Pass and Thongla Pass, you can bid farewell to the stunning Himalayan Range.
Day 9 Zhangmu/Nepal border (B, L)
After breakfast, our guide with help you with customs procedures, and transfer you to the Friendship Bridge at the border. Services End.
Transfer to the airport or train station.
Please feel free to contact our professional travel consultant for the best rate to Tibet!
1. Private transfers airport / hotel /airport (train station);
1. International & domestic flights or trains;
Customize the tour:
Tibet Train Travel offers tailor-made service for all the clients. If you have any other requirements in terms of hotels, transportation, meals and places of interest etc,
please don't hesitate to email us now!